This page serves as a parking place for old data that I didn't want to just erase and as a place to experiment without having to risk a live page.
Old Gifts survey: http://www.jotform.net/form/2351719578
- Do-Wooders welcome volunteers, Mon & Weds, 7:45-ish to 10:30-ish.
- Hearty Boys - Men's Bible Study, Tuesdays, 7:45AM
- Councils meeting - First Wednesday each month, 6PM in Sanctuary.
Clint found his way to Chapel in 2009. Being a big kid himself, he began to volunteer with the youth group to share his love of games, backpacking, skiing, biking, kayaking, and other fun activities. Over the next six years this volunteering lead to becoming an assistant youth leader where through several conferences and workshops he began to teach and lead worship, as well as play games.
He is currently the Youth Leader, a Worship Team member, a Family Ministries Volunteer, and one half of the Custodial Staff.
Even as busy as he is, he can still be found in the woods of Calaveras and Alpine counties.
Life Verse: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not depend on your understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
My rule of life: To live a Christ-dependent, grace-filled life that:
Is marked by integrity in my work and relationships (God, family, co-workers and friends).
Extends grace to others and affirms their value before God.
Gives courage to and empowers others to pursue and fulfill God’s purpose for their lives.
Personal: Grew up in a Christian home and in a Covenant church in southwestern Minnesota. Gave my to life to Christ when I was ten years old; confirmed the call to ministry during a summer mission trip to Alaska following my sophomore year in college (1966). Married to Judy for 45+ years; have three sons and four granddaughters (ages 2-7).
LIFE VERSE: "I run in the paths of your commands, O Lord. For you have set my heart free!." Psalm 119:32
Marilyn is honored to serve the Chapel family and its surrounding community as Associate Pastor. Marilyn brings 20 years of ministry experience, both in the local church as well as internationally. Her drive to serve others with God’s love and truth drove her to complete her B.A. in Religion and Christian Leadership at Vanguard University in Southern California. She then continued to follow God’s call to earn her Masters of Divinity at Bethel Seminary, San Diego, and is continuing in her doctorate in Organizational Leadership.
Marilyn loves anything and everything to do with God’s Holy Word and God’s love for all people. She is a passionate preacher and a dedicated servant of God’s Kingdom. Her life call is to create and cultivate a community of faith, where people experience God’s presence and grace together. There is nothing more life-changing and heart-shaping as God’s love and truth! Marilyn pursues building others up into a life of joy, hope and purpose.
Marilyn and Mike have been married for 32+ years. They have raised their two adult children and continue to enjoy their 2 grandchildren in Southern California. Mike serves as Prayer Mobilization Manager for OMF (Overseas Missionary Fellowship). Marilyn and Mike enjoy experiencing new cultures and witnessing God’s saving work around the world. In their free time, Marilyn and Mike love to spend time getting to know new people and building life lasting friendships.
Scott started with us this July of 2020 and is glad to be a part of the Chapel family! You’ll see him in the office and all around the church property as he works on various projects or cleans up after events.
A professional student for most of his life, Scott holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish and a masters in Curriculum and Instruction. Past piles of books, Scott does thoroughly enjoy landscape photography, throwing weights around, and playing the guitar and drums.
2286 Cedar Lane, Arnold, CA - Service time: Sundays, 8:30 & 10AM
- The County is currently in the RED Tier. (25% capacity for indoor service.)
- In-person Services available at both 8:30 & 10:00AM with restrictions. See details HERE.
- Children's Church (3yrs - 5th grade) and Nursery (up to 2yrs) available at 10AM.
- Or join us from home for our 10AM LiveStream service.
- This week's Sermon video is available HERE, usually by midweek.
- Don't forget to tithe. Chapel still has to meet it's monthly obligations.
- Please use the online option or mail them to the office at:
Chapel in The Pines
PO Box 9
Arnold, CA 95223
- Apr. 4 - 8:30 & 10AM - Easter Sunday at Chapel (or LiveStream @ 10AM)
- TBD - Service of Lament - Sometime after Easter.
- 2021 Giving Envelopes are now available. Contact the Office to arrange pick-up.
- You are invited to join the prayer team which meets via Zoom. Contact Pastor Jon for details.
- Do-Wooders need volunteers. Just show up Mondays & Wednesdays, 8:00 - 11:00.
☞ For wood, stop by the Office (Tues-Fri, 9:30AM - 3:00PM) for an application.
- Moms in Prayer - impacts children and schools worldwide for Christ by gathering mothers to pray.
- Door of Hope - helping women & families in Calaveras county facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Go shopping to help Chapel! (Tell me more)
Contact the office (209- 795-1064) if you have any questions about upcoming events.
Chapel Office hours: Tuesday - Friday, 9:30 to 3:00