Advent is a path we take moving from ordinary days to the excitement and expectation of celebrating Jesus’ birth. The word “Advent” itself comes from a Latin word meaning “arrival”. The arrival of our Savior. The arrival of the Christ child. The arrival of Jesus.
So that’s what we do. At Chapel, we know that as we journey along this Advent path, God will show us new things, will make the old story come alive once again to us. As we look at the main players of the Advent story, one week at a time, we will see God revealed in a new way.
Beginning November 26, in our Sunday worship, we will journey this Advent path together according to the following schedule:
- 11/26 - Prophets (Isaiah 9:2,6; Habakkuk 2:1, 3:17-19)
- 12/3 - Mary (Luke 1:26-35, 45-47)
- 12/10 - Joseph (Matthew 1:18-25)
- 12/17 - Angels & Shepherds (Luke 2:8-17)
- 12/24 - Jesus (Isaiah 11:10, John 1:9-18, Mark 1:1-3, Luke 1:14-17)
So we invite you to do something radical this Christmas. During this busy season, pause. Take the gentle, yet meaningful Advent path with us. Expect to see Him. Expect to see His story. Expect to see your story, all woven together in a beautiful way.
Advent. All is Calm.